Thursday, September 8, 2011

Gabby's 4th Birthday-Part 1

Who wishes that they had two part birthday's when they were growing up? 

Today we celebrated -Part 1- of Gabby's birthday at her preschool.  It was so cute!  Last week, Ms. Melissa sent home a plain sheet of paper and a page protector and told us, "please create a scrapbook page for Gabby to share on her "special day".  This was last Thursday.  Plenty of time for sure!  But, for anyone that knows me...this sent a ton of thoughts through my head and immediately my OCD "tendencies"(ha!) set in.  What!?  More than a blank sheet of paper and a sentence of instructions please!! 

Ready...Set...Go!  I am happy to report...we did it!  And it was really a lot of fun! 
Front 
Back
We also made cupcakes for Gabby to take in to her class today.  Like the "made from scratch" by an almost 4 year old kind of cupcakes!  Gabby is pretty good at baking by the way! 



Here is a picture of Gabby describing her scrapbook page in front of her class...Priceless!  She also got to wear a birthday crown today as part of her "special day".   
*I tried to upload a video which shows her describing each picture, but I am having trouble with the program I use to do it so I will keep trying.*  I was able to volunteer in the class today for about an hour and watch "circle time" and see Gabby explain her page to everyone.  She did a wonderful job!  As I volunteered I noticed that Gabby definitely tries to be the boss of the class!  Doesn't this sound familiar?  Which one does she take after with this...Mom or Dad?  You pick which one!!! 

I am really sad this week that my baby is turning 4!  Where did the time go?  Don't get me wrong...lately these tantrums are really throwing Jeff and I for a loop.  However, I think I speak for Jeff as well when I say that we would not trade a single day or memory with Gabby for anything!  She makes life so much brighter!  We love you so much Gabby!   

We cannot wait for Saturday when Gabby has Part 2 of her birthday with her "big" party!  It is going to be at the gym where we take gymnastics!  I will be back with a post from that soon!!! 

xoxo, Katie   

No comments:

Post a Comment