Wednesday, March 14, 2012

~My Babies! 4 Months and 4 Years!~

My Girls are growing so fast!  Gabby is 4 1/2 and seriously grows an inch a day in height I promise!  Scarlett had her 4 month check up yesterday and is doing very well. 
Weight-14# 8 oz (61st percentile)
Length-25 1/4(79th percentile)
Scarlett is very vocal, screaming is her new trick.  Some say she is calling her sister, Gabby, when she does this!  Scarlett eats 5 times per day, 5-6 ounces per feed.  No cereal yet as we tried this with her last week and she HATED IT!  Hmmm...I know another little girl who was like that too....Gabby, cough, Gabby!  Maybe we will try again in a month or two?  Scarlett is sleeping 8-9hours straight at night!!!  Wahoo!  She soothes herself to sleep which is great, however, this sort of makes me sad because I rocked Gabby to sleep always.  Stay strong Mommy, stay strong!  It really does make things nicer that she goes right to sleep on her own though.  She prefers her back opposed to her belly.  She can roll herself over from her belly to her back but not vice versa.  She reaches for objects, pulls hair, pinches arms, faces, etc.  Likes to be held facing outward so she take take the world in each second!  Nosey Rosie! 

Gabby is doing great as well!  She has her checkup in May so we will see her stats then.  Everyone asks if she is going to Kindergarten next year as she is VERY TALL like her Grandad and Paternal Aunts and Uncles!  NO...No Kindergarten for my sweetie yet! She misses the cutoff and will not go until she is almost 6 years old!  Some of my teacher friends say this is best!?!  I know, being her Mother, that she is not quite ready yet.  She could handle it I know, however, she still has some developing to do next year.  There is a reason state's in our country have cutoff dates. Plus...I want her home another year with me before I send her off to school forever! 













Hope to be back soon with a fresh update!  The weather here is weirdly warm!  77 degrees today!  I felt like I was on Spring Break!  People in our town dressed and acted like it too!  I saw more skin than I needed to at the park today!  You won't catch me in shorts and a tank top with thin straps until I lose at least 20 more pounds...unless those shorts are down to my knees!  Capri's it is! 

Take care everyone!  Happy Spring! 
xoxo, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment